"I HAVE ALWAYS IMAGINED THAT PARADISE WILL BE A KIND OF LIBRARY. "

Jorge Luis Borges

Sunday, January 24, 2010

MY FAVORITE AUTHORS

The 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge has caused me to think about what I read, what I have read and what I will read in the future. I have decided to share my favorite authors with you….whether you want me to or not! ;)

Following is a list of my 32 top favorite Modern Authors. By Modern Authors, I mean those that were not part of my school experience such as, Charles Dickens, Rudyard Kipling, etc…I enjoyed many classics in my younger years, but haven’t read any lately. There are other books and authors I have read, but they are not authors I read all the time. (I read about other things besides mysteries.)

As I started to prepare this list, I realized I would never be able to list all the authors I have read and liked since I started reading...62 years ago, so I limited my list to the authors I have enjoyed, over and over, in the past 20 years! I have probably forgotten some, but that’s alright. If I have forgotten them, you probably don’t want to read them anyway. So here goes:

AUTHORS AND THEIR MAIN CHARACTER(S)

J. D. Robb .....Lt. Eve Dallas..... Futuristic Police Lt.
James Patterson .....Alex Cross..... Detective
Lee Child .....Jack Reacher..... ex-military cop, drifter
Patricia Cornwell .....Kay Scarpetta ..... Coroner
J. A. Jance .....J.P. Beaumont..... Seattle investigator AND .....Joanna Brady.....Sheriff
Iris Johansen.....Eve Duncan.....Forensic sculptor
Johathan Kellerman.....Alex Delaware.....Psychologist consultant
Faye Kellerman.....Peter Decker..... LAPD Lieutenant
John Sandford.....Lucas Davenport.....Detective
Sara Paretsky.....V.I Warshawski.....Private Eye
Stuart Woods..... Stone Barrington.....Lawyer AND ..... Holly Barker..... CIA Agent
David Baldacci..... Oliver Stone..... Government Watchdog
Jeffery Deaver..... Lincoln Rhyme..... Quadriplegic Detective
Clive Cussler..... Dirk Pitt....Underwater research Director
Sidney Sheldon..... Multiple
John Grisham..... Multiple
Agatha Christie..... Hercule Poirot......Detective AND .....Miss Marple..... Elderly Lady amateur sleuth
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle..... Sherlock Holmes .....Detective extraordinare
John Mortimer..... Rumpole..... English Barrister
Dick Francis..... Multiple
Tami Hoag..... Multiple
Sue Grafton..... Kinsey Millhone..... Private Eye
Rita Mae Brown/ Sneaky Pie Brown..... Mary Minor Harristeen.....Farmer
Janet Evanovich.....Stephanie Plum....Bail Bonds Enforcer
M.C. Beaton..... Agatha Raisin..... Retired PR Exec turned sleuth
Emily Brightwell..... Mrs. Jeffries..... Housekeeper for the Inspector
Carolyn Hart..... Bailey Ruth..... Ghost sleuth (comes back to help) AND ..... Annie & Max Darling.....Book store owner & husband
Patricia Ryan..... Nell Sweeney..... Governess
Donna Ball..... Raine Stockton..... Dog Trainer and Kennel owner
Shirley Damsgaard..... Ophelia Jensen.....Good Witch, Librarian
C.S. Lewis..... All of Narnia!
J.K. Rowling.....Harry Potter.....Young Wizard (Good Wizard!)

No comments:

Post a Comment