"I HAVE ALWAYS IMAGINED THAT PARADISE WILL BE A KIND OF LIBRARY. "

Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, February 25, 2010

"A TASTE OF MURDER"   by  Virginia Smith

Review #29

Main Characters: Jasmine Delaney and Derrick Rogers
Romantic suspense novel

Jasmine Delaney and her two friends come to Waynesboro, Kentucky to provide the string ensemble for a wedding…right in the middle of the Kentucky Bar-B-Q Festival!
When they check into the hotel, Jazzy finds a body, covered with Bar-B-Q sauce, in the bathtub. The body belongs to DJ Josh Kirkland who was scheduled to be one of the judges in a beauty pageant at the Festival.

In rapid succession, Jazzy meets the bride’s handsome brother, Derrick Rogers, she and her friends are drafted to participate in the judging of several Festival events, and she becomes a potential target of a murderer. Derrick fears Jazzy is the killer's next victim and promises to keep a close eye on her…too close sometimes for this very independent soul! There is an electrical attraction between Jazzy and Derrick that she keeps denying because she believes he is ‘not her type’.

All’s well that ends well and this one does, with a surprise ending!

Another good book by Ginny!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Carolynn! I'm glad the ending surprised you.

    You are a very fast reader! I'm impressed with how many books you've read in such a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never crossed my mind that that person was the killer!

    I am retired with much time on my hands and I am an avid reader. I average 3 books a week unless I am involved with something else.
    I read at the table while I eat, in bed before I sleep and I listen to books on tape while I do other things.

    ReplyDelete