"I HAVE ALWAYS IMAGINED THAT PARADISE WILL BE A KIND OF LIBRARY. "

Jorge Luis Borges

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Reunion in Death”  
       By J.D. Robb
An Eve Dallas Mystery  Set in the year 2059
Reunion in Death (In Death Series #14) 
2011 Book Review # 91

Book List Review

Shortly after wealthy older men with no known enemies start being poisoned, Detective Eve Dallas determines that Julianna Dunne, a wily ex-con, is the perpetrator. The beautiful but chameleonlike murderess is using the killings to get to Eve, who had put her behind bars nearly a decade earlier.

Eve's pursuit takes her back to her own traumatic roots, thus providing fans of the series with a more detailed description of her horrendous childhood.

In addition, Eve mentors her protege, Peabody, with gritty advice: "And when you step down there, you remember you're one bad b..ch cop, and you drink blood for breakfast."

Fourteenth in the futuristic romantic suspense series, this novel takes place as the lusty marriage of Eve and her husband, the fabulously wealthy Rourke, approaches the one-year mark.

My Thoughts:   J.D. Robb is one of my favorite authors.  Unfortunately, the language and sex scenes put me off some.  I still read them because the characters and the plots still appeal to me!  I try to ignore the rest!

Warning:  Bad Language and sexual scenes abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment