"I HAVE ALWAYS IMAGINED THAT PARADISE WILL BE A KIND OF LIBRARY. "

Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, July 28, 2011

“Dr. Neal Barnard’s Program to
REVERSE DIABETES NOW: The Scientifically Proven System for Reversing Diabetes Without Drugs."
                 By Neal D. Barnard, MD
 
2011 Book Review #76
               
                  FROM THE
 BACK COVER OF THE BOOK:

If you have diabetes, you likely have been told that it’s a chronic, incurable condition.  As Dr. Neal Barnard shows in his groundbreaking book, this is simply not true.

Through a series of studies, Dr. Barnard has found that it is possible to repair insulin function and reverse type 2 diabetes.  By closely following his scientifically proven program, you will be able to control your blood sugar three times more effectively than with the standard dietary regimen for people with diabetes.  What’s more, you:

1.  Cut back on diabetes medications…if not eliminate them completely.
2.  Reduce your risk of diabetes complications
3.  Realize bonus health benefits as you take off unwanted pounds, lower your cholesterol and blood pressure, and boost your energy.
4.  Enjoy delicious foods in generous portions.

Diabetes need not slowly and inevitably get worse.  Now is the time to take control of the disease…and take back your life.

My Thoughts:  This is not my usual book review.  I bought this book many months ago and, at my daughter’s urging, I finally read it.  I became interested and decided to start the diet following Dr. Barnard’s instructions.  I gave it 3 weeks to either work or not.
So far it is working....I have gone from a fasting blood sugar count of 288 to 152...and a blood pressure reading of 138/74 to a reading of 110/63...in 11 days!  I think it is working so I wanted to share with you now!

No comments:

Post a Comment