"I HAVE ALWAYS IMAGINED THAT PARADISE WILL BE A KIND OF LIBRARY. "

Jorge Luis Borges

Friday, April 1, 2011

"Fatal Error"   by J.A. Jance

Fatal Error (Ali Reynolds Series #6) by J. A. Jance: Book Cover2011 Book Review #24

Booklist Review

After successfully completing training at the Arizona Police Academy, Ali Reynolds is furloughed by the Yavapai County Sheriff's Department because of budget cuts. So when Brenda Riley, a former TV journalist gone to seed, asks for help in finding her online fiancé, Ali is game.

A background check by Ali's boyfriend's computer-security company, High Noon Enterprises, reveals Brenda's fiancé to be Richard Lowensdale, an engineer laid off by failing defense contractor Rutherford International.

It turns out Richard has a history of cyber-stalking vulnerable women. Then Richard turns up murdered, and Brenda, after being labeled a suspect, disappears. Ali's search for Brenda puts her in pursuit of a cold blooded killer and in the midst of an FBI investigation involving Rutherford's unscrupulous dealings.

A pushy broad who's about to become a grandmother, Ali has the savvy and the resources (wealth from her late husband and technical assistance from High Noon) to go where an investigation leads.

My Thoughts:  I love Jance's  J.P. Beaumont and Joanne Brady characters.  Ali Reynolds is a new character for me, but I find I like her too!  This is the first book with the Reynolds character that I have read...the plot is a little complicated, but interesting.  I hope no one in real life would be as gullible as the victims in this one.  I just can’t imagine anyone getting engaged to someone they meet in a chat room online and have never even seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment