"I HAVE ALWAYS IMAGINED THAT PARADISE WILL BE A KIND OF LIBRARY. "

Jorge Luis Borges

Friday, March 11, 2011

An Amazing True Story:
"same kind of different as me"  
by Ron Hall and Denver Moore with Lynn Vincent

Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall: Book Cover2011 Book Review # 17

This is a true story written by two men, one black, one white.  One a homeless, ex-sharecropper held under plantation-style slavery until he fled Alabama in the 1960s…the other, a self made, very wealthy, art dealer whose Christian Mission wife was responsible for their meeting.


It is not just the story of how they met, but, about the “forever” friendship they formed and how they each changed the life of the other.  The story begins in the 1950’s and continues thru present day.

A simply written story, it serves to remind us of how we have the ability to affect everyone we meet.

I have a hard time explaining why I liked this book so much, but, I did!  I couldn’t put it down!  I highly recommend it to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This story is one of hope and determination. How amazing to see God at work in the lives of these two men, through the working of the Holy Spirit in the wife. Thank you for the promise of heaven to those who trusted Jesus as their savior.

    ReplyDelete