"I HAVE ALWAYS IMAGINED THAT PARADISE WILL BE A KIND OF LIBRARY. "

Jorge Luis Borges

Saturday, July 17, 2010

RECOMMENDED BOOKS

When I asked my friends and family to share their favorite books and authors, I received a great response…….Thanks everybody!

I thought I would share with you what was shared with me! What a wonderful variety!
Here they are:

“All The King’s Men” by Robert Penn Warren
“Charlie Wilson’s War” by George Crile
“Andersonville” (Civil War) by McKinlay Kantor
“They Fought Like Demons” by Deann Blanton
“The Cruel Sea” (WWII) by Monsarrat
“The Hiding Place” by Corrie Ten Boom

“Plato and a Platypus Walk Into a Bar”……………………..
…………………………………….. by Thomas Cathcart
“The Devil’s Knot” by Mara Leveritt
“Redeeming Love” by Francine Rivers
“The First Patient” by Michael Palmer
"The Scent of Water" by Elizabeth Goudge
The Sweet Potato Queens ……………………………………
…………………….(a series) by Jill Connor Browne
"Maya Angelou...Journey of the Heart" by Jayne Pettit

“Huckleberry Finn” by Mark Twain
“Where the Red Fern Grows” by Wilson Rawls

The Secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel ……………
……………………...(a series) by Michael Scott
“Dune” by Frank Herbert
“Spin” by Robert Wilson
“Ringworld” by Larry Niven
“Lord Of The Rings trilogy” by J.R.R. Tolkien

Books by Terry Pratchett
Books by Linda Ellerbee
Books by Barbara Tuchman
Books by David Halberstam
Books by John Grisham (I’ve read all of his books!)
Books by Jeffery Deaver (I’ve read all of his also)

Anyone who would like to add to this list, please do so by adding them to comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment